Tuesday 13 August 2013

Departure and Arrival

Hello to everyone who is interested in hearing our news and wants to follow us on our adventure!
We were FINALLY granted our visas and booked the cheapest, soonest flights possible. What a wait, thanks to home affairs. But I left the farm at 6am on Tuesday 6th August for a long trip involving a 7 hour drive to Cape Town, 9 hour flight to Dubai, 6 hour flight to Birmingham and 3.5 hour train to Lockerbie... arriving at Bramley House 36 hours of travelling later! (With Tim and I even still speaking to each other!)

We are lucky enough to catch the last little whisps of Scottish summer, enjoying patches of sunshine while they last! I have found my first wild bunnies, red telephone booth, bagpipes and narrow country roads. As of yet I am still in search of a hedgehog, badger, fox and Loch Ness Monster.

It has been fantastic to catch up with the Yates, especially since we worked out that Megs and I haven't seen each other for 7 years. Wow! We have done lots of site-seeing of Dumfries and surrounds, it really is a beautiful area.

This is just a quick write-up to see if I can get this blog thing working. More news and photos to follow soon!
Love and hugs, Hx

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read more about all of your adventures! .x.

    ReplyDelete